:: About This Blog ::

This a special blog regarding my life... read with discretion. Some might not like what I say.. some would cherish it as words of wisdom. For me, these are the words of my experience.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Post Raya Work & More Work

Well.. i finally got the database working. Now idling around with nothing to do. Got one more week before my long holiday and I need to finish off whatever I need to do before that. Somehow or rather I'm not in the zest to do anything today.

Went back home and cook for lunch. Curry chicken, some prawns and a bit of rice. Filling but I think i added in too much oil and grease. Now bloated and kinda lazy. Hauled myself back to the office for more idle stuff and killing time until my next paycheck arrives.

Did a little bit of research on the latest java programming development. I can do a lot with Java but PHP is the "in-thing" nowadays. Not many hosting supports java and those that do cost a hefty sum. Need an idea on how to generate a search module for mychub. But I'll put that on hold until next week, when a new team of web developers volunteer comes in.

Dabbled abit with the Xeon server and updated some patches. Did a bit of hack on the 2003 terminal server. I hate windows.. but my vendor swears that thats the way to go. If I'd go my way, I would change it to linux and stick to it. Updated my personal Blade Red Hat server to the latest patch and upgraded the webmin module to version 1.70.

Then read some online new at tomshardware.com. Nothing much to catch there, a new article on how to make a cheap XGA projector. Maybe I would try one of those.. have a couple of old laptops that needs to be thrown away. Salvage the LCD screen and hook it up to a projector.

Tinkered abit with MsSQL 8, personally I prefer Oracle 9i better. No comprimise! Whatever MS puts under the hood just makes the server crawls. The microsoft way... hehehe.

So that's all for today... maybe tomorrow I have more exciting stuff to write.

No comments: