:: About This Blog ::

This a special blog regarding my life... read with discretion. Some might not like what I say.. some would cherish it as words of wisdom. For me, these are the words of my experience.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Greetings from Vienna

Upon landing at the Vienna International Airport, I couldn't help but wonder if there is anything else going on in Vienna apart from the waltzes of Strauss, world class concert haus(es), and the Danube river.

Well, it didn't take me long to find out that Viennese – partly due to German being their first language - had the same passion for chubs as the Germans do.

Just stroll along their high-end shopping street Karntnerstrasse, often referred to as the centre of Vienna, and you will not miss Steffl – the lifestyle department store. On the fourth floor, I hit the mother lode: chub heaven. There we no signs of skinny skimpy twinks around. Most of the patrons here are above the average sizes.

Later I found out, that it sells extra large attire. The Kauffman Big and Tall Store is also a popular chub cruising place. They are even considered an alternative lifestyle activity here – cruising - something the predominantly German-speaking Viennese must have adopted.

How shall I put it in context for you? Imagine finding a whole complex floor devoted to chubs in KL. (KL Sentral?). The people here are polite and direct. If they like you, they would approach and ask.

I was pleasantly surprised to find most of the popular chubs here are Asians, with a bonus that they are super chubs. I think it's the darker skin that attracts them. The tanned looks perhaps. Whatever it is, I'm just plain lucky I guess. I was approached by several suitors, whom I regrettably had to turn down due to time constraints.

A short walk down south to Mariahilferstrasse, the longest shopping street in Vienna. You'll find various assortments of chubs abound. Tall ones, shorts ones, wide ones and even beer bellied ones. An awesome sight indeed.

A cute Viennese chub couple I met at the sidewalk café said that you could pick up just about anybody here. With a little persuasion, even str8 ones. That reminds me of our own Bintang Walk in KL.


Till next time…

No comments: