:: About This Blog ::

This a special blog regarding my life... read with discretion. Some might not like what I say.. some would cherish it as words of wisdom. For me, these are the words of my experience.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Server FUBR!!



My boss called me up today and asked me to come to the office PRONTO!!. Took me about 6 hours of driving just to find out that my apprentice had fucked up the main Xeon server beyond human repair in just about a week of my absence. Even the back-up recovery software could not help much. Darn!!! This will set us back about 1 year of development. What I really missed the most is the fact that i had lost all the data collected last year. This is a terrible loss as it took me months to program. Now I have about 12 hours to re-construct all the data back into the server before the end of the week.

NOTE TO MYSELF: Never ever use Windows 2003 again. It's slow.. it's buggy and it's totally fucked up. Kudos to Bill Gates for successfully making such a "pain in the ass" OS.

GOAL: Rebuilt a Windows 2003 Server in record time of 6 hours. Additional software to install:-
- Oracle 9i
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache HTTPD
- MySQL
- SquidNT
- Mail Daemon

Ok.. that's about it.. (for now)
BTW: FUBR = Fucked Up Beyond Repair

No comments: