:: About This Blog ::

This a special blog regarding my life... read with discretion. Some might not like what I say.. some would cherish it as words of wisdom. For me, these are the words of my experience.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Of kareoke, sing along, some butt kicking and an old maid...

There was a kareoke singing contest downstairs (inter-department).. After crooning to a few tunes I went up to my own office to have some peace and quiet. My singing partner was an indian girl who sang like a bullet train giving speed singing a whole new meaning. The song was "Sandarkan pada kenangan" - Jamal Abdillah & Siti Sarah. It's been ages since I sang, used to be singing with the university band (like those kenduri kawin ones) in my studying days. Not yet AF material... though. Nope, I was not contesting.. merely like a guest artiste.. singing for the opening act, just to make the contestants feel at ease.

Been like 2 weeks since I had time to write anything in this blog. Time sure flies when u have tons of work.

Btw, I got a standing ovation over my debut drama. After some make-up and a wig, even I couldn't recognize myself. It was a lot of hard work.. but it was all worth it when my big boss came to me and congratulated me himself for the exceptional performance.

A few days after that, I got news that he had resigned. Also another collegue of mine had his contract terminated. Apparently, one of the board members for the company I work for, does not like him that much. It's a sad thing to see friend leaving the company since we are like a very tight knit community. I'm very sensitive about matters like this and cannot resist the melancolic feeling. One of the chief executive make a rude remark that I might be next. Well.. you little twat, we'll just see whose butt gonna be kicked next. Hehehehe.

Last weekend, the whole server cluster went down. Both Linux and Windows. I suspect it's either a virus or a DDOS attack. Wasted a whole weekend trying to fix the problem. I think I've made some sort of new record. I've rebuilt a whole new cluster of Windows 'o2/'03 and Redhat Linux in just under 3 hours (.. from scratch!!!).

Then I got an additional holiday on monday, so I drove to KL and went on a shopping spree. Having spent nearly RM 4000 on CD-Writers, Pen Drive, External HDD Casing, 120GB HDD, Wacom Pad, Digital Camcoder, etc... etc. It felt good spending but I need to put a stop to this habit coz it's not good for my wallet.

Being a bachelor is no fun either, especially when you are living alone. The house is too big on my own and I need a maid to do all the cleaning. I've tried to get a maid for myself but I live too far and no makciks wants to do it. Manmaid is out of the question, as if there is such a service in good o'le Malaysia. For now, I'll just have to clean everything by myself. Now.. where is that broomstick of mine.*chuckle*

No comments: